Last week, our Secondary students showcased their talents, in our state of the art theater producing the famous musical ‘Annie Jr’, which follows the story of an orphan named Annie trying to find a family of her own, based upon the original Broadway production 'Little Orphan Annie' directed by Martin Charnin.
Here is a summary of the Musical in Numbers:
- Over 50 hours of practices and rehearsals over four months.
- 52 students in grades 6-12 worked hard pulling together all their talents and gave their very best during the performance.
- 27 actors on stage showcasing their theatrical talents of dancing, acting, and singing.
- 12 students in the musical pit playing live music for the actors to sing along and dance to.
- Backstage, 8 students acted as stagehands and helped each other with costumes, microphones, and set pieces.
- In the technical booth, 5 students worked with our theater manager to coordinate the lighting, livestream, and audio.
- And for the first time in AISG history, there was 1 dog onstage!
The video is a great recap of all the hard work and fun that occurred in making this musical a great success.
It was rewarding to watch our students come together and collaboratively put on such a spectacular show. Not to mention everyone has been humming Annie tunes ever since! A big thank you to our drama, music and choir teachers for all their help and support and allowing our students have fun whilst showing off their creative talents.