Frequently Asked Questions
- Are campus tours available?
- Who is eligible to apply?
- Can AISG help families obtain a student visa?
- Does AISG have boarding facilities?
- We are moving from overseas or from outside Guangdong. When should we submit our applications?
- We currently live in the Guangzhou area. When should we submit our applications?
- Can I reserve a seat for my child? Can I register early?
- Can I pay the application processing fee after you confirm my child’s admissions?
- Why do I need to request reference forms from our current school?
- Does my child need to take an admissions test?
- When will I know my child’s admissions status?
- What age does my child need to be to apply for pre-school or kindergarten?
- Do you have an EAL program?
- Do you have a Learning Support program?
- My child was not accepted to AISG this year. When can I re-apply?
- I am applying late. We have been told AISG is at full enrollment in my child’s grade. Should I apply now or wait until there is availability before I apply?
- I still have some questions. Who can I contact?
Yes! Tours of our Elementary school (Ersha campus) or our Middle and High Schools (Science Park campus) can be arranged upon request. We only ask that you contact us in advance. Please complete our visit form. Our office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Unfortunately, AISG is unable to assist in the visa application process. AISG is not authorized to issue student visas for its students. We assume students are living in Guangzhou with at least one of their working parents. It is the family or sponsoring company’s responsibility to make sure the student has and maintains the appropriate and valid visa/permit.
If you are currently living in and attending school in Guangzhou, we prefer that you apply for the start of the school year (August enrollment). We encourage you to complete the application process by early March as the group assessments will be scheduled in March. Once AISG begins offering seats in early April, grades may fill up quickly. Applications received after the first round of seat assignments may be subject to limited seat availability. We may consider Semester 2 applications from local applicants if we have seats available.
The confidential reference forms are an important part of our admissions decision making process. We understand you may not want to let your current school know you are applying to AISG, but we are unable to formally review applications until we receive the reference forms. Fortunately, we find that most schools and teachers are very professional and will complete the forms as requested.
Students applying from Guangzhou area are required to take an English admissions test and participate in an oral interview as part of the qualification process. Group assessments are scheduled in mid-March to early April.
Students applying from overseas or other provinces in China are not required to travel to Guangzhou for an assessment. However, if your family plans to visit Guangzhou, we will try to schedule your child's assessment during your visit. If you do not plan to visit Guangzhou before your relocation, and if we feel that an assessment is necessary we will try to make arrangements at your current location, or we can assess your child upon your arrival to Guangzhou.
AISG has an English as an Additional Language (EAL) program for qualified students in Grades 1 to 10 who need additional support in developing proficiency in English. Space in the program is limited and students must qualify for admission before being considered for enrollment in the EAL program. Placement in this program is determined by principals and counsellors.
AISG also has a limited Learning Support program for students with mild learning differences. If your child has received or is currently receiving learning services of any kind (i.e. learning or behavior support, speech or occupational therapy, etc.), you must submit all support plans, IEPs, speech/language or occupational therapy reports, medical or special needs evaluations, or psych-educational reports. AISG’s support services are limited; therefore it is important to determine if we can meet your child’s needs. Please contact us in advance.
First, please call the Admissions Office to ask about, and confirm, seat availability for your child's grade level. We still recommend that you apply and if your child is qualified, he/she will be placed in our waitlist. If/when a seat becomes available, we will fill the seat with one of the students on the waitlist.
Please feel free to contact the Admissions Office. We would be happy to answer your questions, and to assist you through the application process. Please email us (hyperlink). Our office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.